|Weight Holding Capacity (Kg)||< 5 Kg|
|Paper Grades(Outer / Inner Liners)||Virgin Kraft Paper|
|Style of Corrugated box||Full Overlap Slotted Container|
|Type of Printing||Lithography / Offset|
|Board Grade(No. of Ply)||Single Phase 2 Ply|
Fruit and vegetable packaging boxes are specialized containers designed for the storage, transportation, and display of fresh produce. These boxes are crafted with the unique requirements of fruits and vegetables in mind, offering protection, ventilation, and organization. Here's a detailed description of fruit and vegetable packaging boxes:
1. Material Selection:
- Fruit and vegetable packaging boxes are typically made from food-grade materials, including cardboard, corrugated cardboard, or molded pulp (recycled paper pulp) to ensure they are safe for direct contact with produce.
- Proper ventilation is a crucial feature in these boxes. Many designs include perforations or openings that allow air circulation, preventing moisture buildup and maintaining the freshness of the fruits and vegetables.
- These boxes can be customized in terms of size, shape, and printing. Customization allows growers, distributors, and retailers to have packaging that suits their specific produce and branding requirements.
4. Packaging Types:
- Depending on the produce, different types of packaging boxes can be used:
- Clamshell containers: Designed for items like berries, cherry tomatoes, and delicate fruits. They provide individual compartments for each piece.
- Corrugated cartons: Standard box styles for larger quantities of fruits and vegetables.
- Plastic crates: Reusable and stackable for bulk produce transportation.
- Mesh bags and net bags: Used for items like onions, potatoes, and citrus fruits.
5. Protective Features:
- Fruit and vegetable boxes are designed to protect produce from physical damage and contamination during handling and transportation. Many have inner liners or trays to separate layers of produce and prevent bruising.
6. Eco-Friendly Options:
- Sustainable packaging materials and designs, such as biodegradable molded pulp or recyclable cardboard, are increasingly popular for eco-conscious businesses.
7. Branding and Labeling:
- Packaging can include space for labeling with information about the produce, branding, nutritional details, and origin. This helps in marketing and consumer communication.
8. Stackability and Storage:
- These boxes are designed for easy stacking, efficient storage, and display in retail environments.
- Fruit and vegetable packaging boxes are cost-effective and readily available, making them a practical choice for growers and retailers.
10. Various Produce Types:
- These boxes are used for a wide range of fruits and vegetables, including apples, oranges, lettuce, strawberries, cucumbers, and more.
Fruit and vegetable packaging boxes play a crucial role in preserving the freshness and quality of produce while also serving as a means of branding and information communication for consumers. They are a fundamental part of the agricultural and retail supply chain, ensuring that fresh produce reaches customers in the best possible condition.